|Shipping Weight :||1 lbs.|
|Size :||5 1/2 in.|
You can rely on the 50kN, 11,250 lbs tensile strength of this steel descender for either personal rope descent or for establishing a rigging system for lowering branches.
• Sturdy forged steel body
• Large inner diameter with ears and belay slots that allows for more control while descending or belaying with heavy load
• Ears allows user to tie off the rope and use both hands freely
• Ideal for fast use in adverse conditions and easier to handle heavy loads
• Extra large carabiner holes provides room for multiple carabiners
This aluminum traditional Figure 8 with ears is built for heavier loads or bigger ropes. Can be used for climbing or as a friction brake to lower loads. 9000 lbs. tensile strength. The smooth surface protects rope from abrasion.
The CHICANE auxiliary braking device allows ZIGZAG and ZIGZAG PLUS mechanical Prusiks to be used on single ropes. It provides continuous additional friction on descents. The excellent compatibility of the CHICANE and mechanical Prusik as an assembled unit ensures smooth rope glide through the brake during ascents.
The ergonomic handle provides excellent grip and facilitates movement while limb walking. Thanks to the openable side plate, installation is quick and easy.
• The Chicane allows ZIGZAG and ZIGZAG PLUS mechanical Prusiks to be used on single ropes:
- continuous additional braking action, thanks to the added friction of the two friction pins
- used with an Am'D or OK connector (not included). The H-shaped cross-section of the connector, together with the positioning ring of the mechanical Prusik, make the CHICANE and mechanical Prusik a compatible unit that ensures smooth rope glide through the brake during ascents
- ergonomic handle facilitates movement while limb walking
- openable side plate for quick and easy installation on the rope - triple action unlocking limits rick of accidentally opening the side plate - connects on the upper hole of the mechanical Prusik
• Optimized durability, thanks to the two friction pins, available as spare parts
• CHICANE allows the user to work in compliance with the ANSI Z133 standard
Can be used on either doubled ropes or a single rope, providing great versatility. The lower attachment hole is fixed to ensure alignment of the device with the axis of the worker and to optimize grip.
Can be used on either doubled ropes or a single rope, providing great versatility. The lower attachment hole with high-efficiency swivel ensures stable and correct positioning of the mechanical Prusik and optimal rope glide through the device.